Ocala, FL – Week VI of the 2024 Winter Spectacular Show Series at World Equestrian Center – Ocala is set to commence on Wednesday, February 7, featuring World Champion Hunter Riders (WCHR) and the 2024 WEC Premier Equitation Cup Championship powered by Gary Yeomans Ford. Below are important details regarding schooling opportunities for the week.
New Offering: Ticketed schooling sessions will be available in the WEC Grand Arena for hunter and equitation riders on Tuesday, February 6. Prior to participating in any flatting or ticketed schooling session, athletes must acquire a back number from the Horse Show Office.
Adjusted Week VI Show Office Hours (Located in Indoor Arena 1):
– Monday: 12pm-4pm
– Tuesday: 6am-5pm
– Wednesday – Sunday: 7am-5pm
Flatting Sessions: Free flatting will be available in the WEC Grand Arena from 7am-8am.
Ticketed Schooling Sessions: Priced at $30 per ticket, two ticketed schooling sessions will take place in the WEC Grand Arena on Tuesday, February 6, beginning at 8 am.
– 3’6”-3’9” section: 8am-11:30 am
– Drag and set for 3’-3’3” section: 11:40am-12pm
– 3’-3’3” section: 12pm-4:30pm with a drag break at 2:20pm
Sign-up Details: Trainers and athletes are encouraged to register for ticketed schooling sessions starting Tuesday morning at 7am at the WEC Grand Arena in-gate. Sign-ups will remain open throughout the day, subject to availability.
Session Guidelines: Each ticketed session will accommodate a maximum of eight riders at a time, with sessions lasting 10 minutes each. During these sessions, riders can school their horses over fences, with no adjustments to height or obstacle changes permitted. A whistle warning will signal when two minutes are remaining in the session, and athletes must promptly conclude the 10-minute session.
Supervision: A designated USEF Schooling Supervisor will oversee the schooling sessions, ensuring compliance. Non-compliant riders and/or trainers will be asked to exit the sessions. Failure to attend the reserved ticketed session will result in a charge to the back number for the reserved space.
For additional details on the 2024 Winter Spectacular Show Series, please visit the button below. For information on other arena schooling schedules, daily class schedules, counts, and results, visit HorseShowing.com.
Note: Before receiving back numbers, all exhibitors must present the required health papers to the Show Office.
Please bring to the following health documents to the Show Office (CaptiveOne Advisors Indoor Arena 1 lobby) or email firstname.lastname@example.org the following health papers, upon arrival. In the email, please state the horse’s show name and add the trainer’s name. Please, do not put photos in the body of the email, add the documents as an attachment.
- A 14-day statement of health, certificate of veterinary inspection or a health certificate, required for all horses arriving from instate or outside the state of Florida
- Coggins within 1 year
- Trainer/Owner Health Declaration (New for 2024) – Signed by an owner/trainer confirming that the horse has not experienced a fever exceeding 101.5 degrees or any disease in the 72 hours leading up to its arrival. Additionally, the horse must not have been exposed to or treated for an unexplained fever in the past 28 days and should have tested negative for any disease at least 30 days prior to arrival. If the horse has tested positive within the last six months for any infectious diseases, this information should also be disclosed. See form.
- Vaccine records of Flu/Rhino within the span of 6 months.
Click here for equine health and safety protocol details.