Twenty-five horse and rider combinations took to the Sanctuary Arena tonight to contest the $25,000 WEC Grand Prix 1.40m. Sixteen pairs went clean and clear to qualify for the jump off but it was Charlotte Clark and her own Kinsella (Capitalist x Jerpoint Mist) who galloped to the win in just 31.847 seconds.
Clark of Kendalwood Farm in Sunbury, Ohio, and Kinsella, an 11-year-old Chestnut Irish sport horse mare, are a dynamic pair who have won the $25,000 Grand Prix at World Equestrian Center – Ohio nearly a dozen times. This is their second win in as many weeks.
Kevin McCarthy of K&K Sporthorses LLC, Lexington, Kentucky, and his Catch A Star HSS (Sheraton x Tolinda) snagged the second place spot in tonight’s Grand Prix. Always competitive, McCarthy and the 11-year-old Swedish Warmblood mare finished with a jump off time of 31.923.
Bugatti (Heartbreaker x Nona Bella) and Wilhelm Genn earned third place in the class. Genn and the striking 15-year-old KWPN gelding owned by Eduardo Leon delivered a jump off time of 31.964 to round out the top three finishers.
$25,000 WEC Grand Prix 1.40m Results
- Kinsella, Charlotte Clark – 0 | 0 | 31.847
- Catch A Star HSS, Kevin McCarthy – 0 | 0 | 31.923
- Bugatti, Wilhelm Genn – 0 | 0 | 31.964
- Essince W, David Beisel – 0 | 0 | 32.678
- Banco Du Moulin, Kady Abrahamson – 33.049
- Maraca LS la Silla, Kady Abrahamson – 0 | 0 | 33.614
- El Classico, Caroline Nadalin – 0 | 0 | 34.230
- Eastpoint, Hillary Johnson – 0 | 0 | 37.399
- Any, Kady Abrahamson – 0 | 4 | 32.895
- Coco Chanel M, Ryan Gen – 0 | 4| 33.397
Cinna HP & Brian Shook Capture the $7,500 WEC Futures Prix 1.30m win.
Earlier this afternoon the Sanctuary Arena hosted 16 horse and rider combinations for the $7,500 Futures Prix 1.30m. Seven pairs qualified for the jump off and ultimately it was Brian Shook and Cinna HP (Couleur Rubin x Coco Chanel Z) who took the win in the class.
Shook of of Hunterpointe Farm in Holly, Michigan, and the 9-year-old gray Warmblood gelding delivered a jump off time of 34.838 to capture the win.
Cumbaya W (Cabardino x Elena W) and Darby Pease took second place in the class. Pease and the 11-year-old chestnut Warmblood gelding owned by Hillary Gromus finished with a time of 34.855 seconds.
Owen Gajoch and Montendro 5 (Messenger x Furstin B) rounded out the top three finishers. Gajoch of Columbus, Ohio, and the 8-year-old Oldenburg gelding stopped the clock at 35.477 seconds to land in the top three.
$7,500 WEC Futures Prix 1.30m Results
- Cinna HP, Brian Shook – 0 | 0 | 34.838
- Cumbaya W, Darby Pease – 0 | 0 | 34.855
- Montendro 5, Owen Gajoch – 0 | 0 | 35.477
- Rainbow Dash, Rebecca Slater – 0 | 0 | 36.877
- Milady Des Bruyeres, Ann Marie Cowdrey – 0 | 4 | 34.150
- Vegas H, David Beisel – 0 | 4 | 34.346
- Gyloma, Erika Thornell – 0 | 4 | 35.474
- Norwin Z, Erika Heintschel-Githens – 2 | 86.209
- Strawberry, Molly Kindness – 4 | 71.942
- Mega jackpot, Kady Abrahamson – 4 | 79.277
Photos courtesy of Winslow Photography.
The show continues through tomorrow. Watch the action live at ClipMyHorseTV.