Featuring 17-Weeks of USEF Premier Hunter/Jumper Competition with $4 Million Offered in Prize Money and Prizes
WILMINGTON, Ohio – October 19, 2022 – Entries and stall reservations are now open for the World Equestrian Center Winter in the Midwest indoor circuit, featuring USEF sanctioned, premier hunter/jumper horse shows. Increased prize money in many divisions and classics. Exhibitors can escape harsh winter conditions when showing in our 200,000-square-foot, bright, airy climate-controlled indoor facility, where they will enjoy 17 weeks of competition at all levels. The Winter in the Midwest circuit runs from December through April and offers more than $4 million total prize money and prizes.
There are classes for every level, with showing opportunities from ground poles to Grand Prix, along with exciting weekly feature class action each week, Thursday through Sunday, including:
Weekly Jumper Highlights
- Weekly $30,000 Grand Prix featuring the $1,000 Vitalize Blazin’ Four Faulter Bonus
- Weekly $10,000 WEC Welcome Stake
- Weekly $10,000 WEC Futures Prix
Weekly Hunter Highlights
- Weekly $15,000 USHJA 3’ National Hunter Derby – Open
- Weekly $15,000 USHJA 3’ National Hunter Derby – Non-Pro
- Weekly $3,500 2’6” Derby – Non-Pro
- Weekly $3,500 USHJA Pony Hunter Derby
The Winter in the Midwest 2023 indoor circuit prize list is available online
Experience heated stabling and wash racks, with indoor walkways to all schooling, warmup and competition spaces. Stall reservations are $200 per week, $250 for tack stalls. Stall reservations can be made online at:
Winter in the Midwest Schedule 2023 – All Shows are USEF Premier/Level IV
WEC Winter Classic 1 – November 30-December 4 (USEF 2022 points)
WEC Winter Classic 2 – Dec. 7-11
WEC Winter Classic 3 – Dec. 14-18
WEC Winter Classic 4 – Jan. 4-8 – A World Championship Hunter Rider (WCHR) Week
WEC Winter Classic 5 – Jan. 11-15
WEC Winter Classic 6 – Jan. 18-22
WEC Winter Classic 7 – Jan. 25-29
WEC Winter Classic 8 – Feb. 1-5
WEC Winter Classic 9 – Feb. 8-12
WEC Winter Classic 10 – Feb. 15-19
WEC Winter Classic 11 – Feb. 22-26
WEC Winter Classic 12 – Mar. 1-5
WEC Winter Classic Spring Forward – Mar. 8-12
WEC Winter Classic 14 – Mar. 15-19
WEC Winter Classic 15 – Mar. 22-26
WEC Winter Classic 16 – Mar. 29-April 2
WEC Winter Classic 18 – April 12-16
Enjoy Unique Amenities at World Equestrian Center – Wilmington
Experience the very best in amenities at World Equestrian Center – Wilmington. Work out at our new Fitness Center, satisfy cravings at the Sugar Shack candy store, pamper yourself at A Bit of Class Salon & Day Spa, or your canine friend at Shaggy Chic Pet Parlor dog spa. Rev up with Dark Horse Coffee, featuring Starbucks ride-thru coffee shop and browse the eclectic offerings of our many vendors in Vendor Village and throughout the facility.
Check out the brand-new menu at the charming Paddock Club restaurant or opt for grilled favorites, taco bar and grab n’ go options ringside at the International Café.
Stay with Us! Four Convenient On-Site Lodging Options
Guests are advised to make lodging reservations at their earliest convenience to ensure they secure accommodations close to the showgrounds. Reservations can be made at wec.net or by calling 937.382.0985 ext. 3
World Equestrian Center – Wilmington has myriad on-site lodging options for guests:
- The Wilbur Estate – The Wilbur Estate is a stunning plantation-style mansion with five elegant luxury suites. Accommodations are centrally located on the showgrounds, just steps from arenas, stabling and the Paddock Club. Free Wi-Fi and VIP parking are included in your stay at The Wilbur Estate.
- Cabins – Each of our cabins sleeps up to six guests and is within walking distance from our arenas and barns. Two of our cabins are handicap accessible. Efficiency kitchen with microwave. Flat screen TVs. Free Wi-Fi included.
- Home Away from Home Park – Directly across the street from our horse show entrance, our 130 Home Away from Home units have two or three bedrooms with a fully-equipped kitchen and living and dining room area. Flat screen TVs. Free Wi-Fi included.
- RV Sites – World Equestrian Center has many RV sites equipped with electric, water and sewer for $225 per week (or any portion thereof). You must reserve these on your entry form or stall reservation form. Please check in at the horse show office for a pass prior to parking your RV.
Special Thanks to our Generous 2023 Sponsors
The 2023 Winter in the Midwest circuit is generously sponsored by Alltech, Biozyme, Buckeye Nutrition, Clinton County Convention and Visitors Bureau, Clinton Memorial Hospital, C. Jarvis Insurance, CWD, Dandy Products, IDA Development, Kentucky Performance Products, Main Street Wilmington, Perfect Products, R+L Carriers, SEB Equine Appraisals, Shoo-Fly, Top Bedding, Tribute Equine Nutrition, Triple Crown and Voltaire.
About World Equestrian Center
World Equestrian Center features two premier equestrian and multidisciplinary venues in Ocala, Florida, and Wilmington, Ohio.
These exclusive facilities comprise state-of-the-art arenas, expansive stadiums, versatile outdoor space, sporting fields and well-appointed exposition centers. An abundance of lodging options and luxury accommodations are conveniently located on-site, along with shopping and dining throughout each property.
Dedicated to offering great sport and fun in a family-friendly environment, World Equestrian Center promises an unparalleled experience for exhibitors, spectators, vendors, sponsors and retailers built on three core values: Quality. Class. Distinction.
Learn more at wec.net.
Winter in the Midwest 2022 Horse Shows
- Show Management: Arena Horse Shows – Wilmington LLC
- Horse Show Manager – TJ Campbell – email@example.com
- Show Secretary: Julie Agar – firstname.lastname@example.org
- WEC address for GPS or shipping:
- World Equestrian Center – Wilmington
- 4095 State Rte. 730
- Wilmington, OH 45177
- Prize list at wec.net
- Entries: Horseshowing.com
- Stabling: Stalls are $200 per week. Tack stalls $250. Stall reservations can be made by logging into your FREE Horseshowing.com account (or create one if you don’t have one), then go to the fourth menu item and select the show for which you wish to reserve stalls. You will be required to pay for all horse stalls, if you wish to mail a check then select check as your payment option as it defaults to credit card. You will be emailed an invoice immediately with instructions. Tack stalls can be split at the show office.
- For USEF membership information and registration go to USEF.org
- Photographer: Winslow Photography – email@example.com
- Live stream at ClipMyHorseTV.com
- For on-site lodging options, including RV space reservations, go to wec.net