Exhibitor Alert: Stabling Scam
World Equestrian Center Exhibitors Encouraged to Be Aware and Follow Stabling Policies
WILMINGTON, Ohio – October 3, 2019 – The World Equestrian Center has been made aware of an industry-wide phone scam where criminals posing as horse show staff are trying to steal credit card information from exhibitors by using fake feed and bedding order forms, or by asking for personal payment information over the phone.
We want to assure our exhibitors that we will NEVER call you and ask for payments prior to a horse show. Please follow published stabling policies and do not give your credit card over the phone to anyone claiming to be from our horse show.
Please feel free to reach out to our horse show staff with questions or concerns:
- TJ Campbell, Horse Show Manager – 352-857-4572
- Julie Agar, Horse Show Secretary – 248-892-6806
- Kelley Douglas, Stabling Manager – 937-556-8438
WEC Stabling Policies
- Stalls must be reserved on the official Stall Reservation Form found at horseshowing.com or WEC.net and submitted through email@example.com or via mail. Stalls cannot be reserved on Entry Forms, over the phone, via email or text message.
- Stalls for showing horses are $100.00. Grooming and tack stalls are $250.
- Stalls may not be occupied before 3:00 p.m. on Monday and must be vacated Sunday evening unless other arrangements are cleared through stabling. If early arrival or late departure are approved it will be at $40 per day per stall. If you are planning to depart on Monday you must make arrangements with the stabling manager and all Monday departures must be by 7:00 a.m to avoid additional fees.
- Any stalls cancelled within 21 days of the start of the horse show will be considered forfeited, and billed at $250 per stall. No exceptions.
- Stalls may not be sold by exhibitors without the express consent of the World Equestrian Center management. No exceptions.
- The World Equestrian Center does not allow ship-ins. All horses must have a stall that is reserved through the official Stall Reservation Form.
How to Book Your Stalls
To book stabling at World Equestrian Center horse shows, exhibitors must submit an official Stall Reservation Form. The official Stall Reservation Form is available on horseshowing.com and or WEC.net. Stalls MUST be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All modifications to stall reservation form must be done in writing to stalls@WEC.net. Any stalls cancelled within 21 days of the start of the horse show will be considered forfeited, and billed at $250 per stall.
Stalls for all horses are $100. An open check or credit card will be required to reserve stalls.
How to Pay for Stalls at WEC
Payment of stalls can be done online at horseshowing.com through the Stalls / Feed / Bedding option or by mailing a check.
If paying by check, make payable to: Arena Horse Shows LLC and sent c/o Julie Agar 2018 SR 134 N, Wilmington, OH 45177.
Please note: mailing a check does not reserve a stall. You must fill out the stabling online form.
All stall counts must be finalized three weeks prior to the start of the show. After this date, stalls are not refundable.
Stalls are sold on a first come, first serve basis. Once we are at Sold Out status, your reservation will be added to the Wait List in the order your form has been submitted. You will be notified by the Stabling Manager should stalls become available for you.
About World Equestrian Center
Located in Wilmington, Ohio, the World Equestrian Center features more than 200,000 square feet of climate-controlled riding space, making it one of the largest indoor/outdoor equestrian sport venues in the world. The state of the art facility features premium footing, permanent stabling and onsite accommodations as well as more than 32 weeks of AA rated Hunter / Jumper competition.
Dedicated to offering great sport and good fun in a family friendly environment, the World Equestrian Center promises their exhibitors an experience built on three core values: Quality. Class. Distinction.
In 2021, the World Equestrian Center will debut a brand new location, providing world-class equestrian competition and equestrian-inspired country club living, all adjacent to the fabulous Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club in Ocala, Florida. For more information please visit http://www.wec.net.