World Equestrian Center – Ocala invites Ocala dog owners to the first-ever Hocus Pawcus Canine Costume Contest Saturday, October 28 from 4pm to 6pm in Expo Center 2. This free social event is guaranteed to be a barking good time. Owners and pets alike are encouraged to dress in their Halloween best to compete for top-dog prizes in a selection of costume categories, including:
Best-in-Show (Owner/Dog Combination)
Funniest Dog Costume
Most Original Dog Costume
Impressive prizes are on-the-line, including gift cards, WEC merchandise and more. Final selection for winners will take place live at 5:30pm. Don’t miss the opportunity to spend the afternoon socializing with your furry friends, enjoying canine vendors and entertainment, as well as all your fall favorites for humans and pups from the WEC food truck and cash bars. Ocala animal welfare non-profit Voices of Change Animal League (VOCAL) will showcase several of their adorable, adoptable dogs at the event.
Join World Equestrian Center again on Sunday, October 29 for trick-or-treating and spooky season festivities like pumpkin painting and cookie decorating from 1pm-3pm in the Grand Plaza during WEC Halloween Celebration, all free for the public while supplies last.
Please be advised:
- Dogs must wear a collar with ID tags and remain leashed and attended to at all times
- Dogs must be current on all required vaccinations
- Please refrain from bringing in-tact male dogs, female dogs in heat or puppies less than 8-weeks old
- Owners will be responsible for all actions and any damages caused by their dogs
- Owners must clean up after their dogs
Follow all the World Equestrian Center events at worldequestriancenter.com/events.