WILMINGTON, Ohio – October 3, 2023 – Entries and stall reservations are now open for the World Equestrian Center – Wilmington 2024 Winter in the Midwest series, featuring 16 weeks of USEF Premier/Level 4 jumpers. The indoor circuit runs from December 6, 2023, through April 16, 2024, and offers more than $4 million in prize money and prizes.
World Equestrian Center – Wilmington is an ideal destination for competitors to escape the harsh winter conditions and show in the spacious, climate-controlled indoor arenas. Inviting courses, overflowing with winter décor, will welcome competitors to indoor showing at its finest. Exhibitors will find classes for every level and exciting feature hunter/jumper action each week, Wednesday–Sunday. Winter Classic 3 will celebrate the holiday season with Gifts Under the Tree, where class winners can enjoy selecting one gift per blue ribbon throughout the show week!
Starting at the 2024 Winter in the Midwest series, World Equestrian Center – Wilmington is offering an exciting new program for all young horses. All 5-, 6- and 7-year-olds are eligible for the $45,000 Young Jumper Championship. Nominate your young hunter or jumper, with FREE entry fees and nomination fees throughout the year. All nominated horses are eligible for the championship, tentatively scheduled to be held at the WEC Fall Classic 3 in October 2024. Contact Julie Agar at 937-556-2208 for more information.
2024 Winter in the Midwest Jumper Highlights
- Weekly $30,000 Grand Prix
- Weekly $10,000 Welcome Stake
- Weekly $10,000 Futures Prix
2024 Winter in the Midwest Hunter Highlights
- Weekly $15,000 USHJA 3’ National Hunter Derby – Open
- Weekly $15,000 USHJA 3’ National Hunter Derby – Non-Pro
- Weekly $3,500 2’6” Derby – Non-Pro
- Weekly $3,500 USHJA Pony Hunter Derby
World Equestrian Center – Wilmington encourages all exhibitors to bring family, friends and dogs to shop, dine and enjoy top hunter/jumper competition. Weekly events, featuring fun activities and prizes, will be held throughout the Winter in the Midwest series. All World Equestrian Center – Wilmington events are free to the public. Stay tuned as more announcements will be made leading up to the start of the Winter in the Midwest series.
2024 Winter in the Midwest Dates
Winter Classic 2: 12/6 – 12/10
Winter Classic 3: 12/13 – 12/17
Winter Classic 4: 1/3 – 1/7
Winter Classic 5: 1/10 – 1/14
Winter Classic 6: 1/17 – 1/21
Winter Classic 7: 1/24 – 1/28
Winter Classic 8: 1/31 – 2/4
Winter Classic 9: 2/7 – 2/11
Winter Classic 10: 2/14 – 2/18
Winter Classic 11: 2/21 – 2/25
Winter Classic 12: 2/28 – 3/3
Winter Classic Spring Forward: 3/6 – 3/10
Winter Classic 14: 3/13 – 3/17
Winter Classic 15: 3/20 – 3/24
Winter Classic 17: 4/3 – 4/7
Winter Classic 18: 4/12 – 4/16
Reserve Your Onsite Lodging at World Equestrian Center – Wilmington
Guests are advised to make lodging reservations at their earliest convenience to ensure they secure accommodations close to the show grounds. Reservations can be made at WEC.net or by calling 937-382-0985 ext. 3.
World Equestrian Center – Wilmington has a myriad of onsite lodging options for guests:
● The Wilbur Estate –The Wilbur Estate is a stunning plantation-style mansion with five elegant luxury suites. Wilbur’s Estate is centrally located on the showgrounds, just steps from arenas, stabling, and the Paddock Club. Free WiFi and VIP parking are included in your stay at Wilbur Estate.
● Cabins – Each cabin sleeps up to six guests and is within walking distance from the arenas and barns. Two of the cabins are handicap accessible. Free WiFi is included.
● Home Away From Home Park – Directly across the street from the horse show entrance, 130 Home Away From Home units have two or three bedrooms with a fully equipped kitchen and living and dining room area. Free WiFi is included.
● Camping Sites – World Equestrian Center – Wilmington has many camping sites equipped with electric, water, and sewer for $300 per week (or any portion thereof). You must reserve these on your entry form or stall reservation form. Please check in at the horse show office for a pass prior to parking your RV.
2024 Winter in the Midwest Fast Facts
- Horse Show Manager: TJ Campbell – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Show Secretary: Julie Agar – email@example.com
- WEC address for GPS or shipping:
World Equestrian Center – Wilmington
4095 State Rte. 730
Wilmington, OH 45177
- Prize list at wec.net
- Entries: Horseshowing.com
- Stabling: All stalls are $250. Stall reservations can be made by logging into your FREE Horseshowing.com account (or create one if you don’t have one), then go to the fourth menu item and select the show for which you wish to reserve stalls. You will be required to pay for all horse stalls. If you wish to mail a check, then select check as your payment option as it defaults to credit card. You will be emailed an invoice immediately with instructions. Tack stalls can be split at the show office.
- For USEF membership information and registration go to USEF.org
- Photographer: Winslow Photography – winslowphoto.com
- Live stream at ClipMyHorse.tv
- For on-site lodging options, including RV space reservations, go to wec.net
About World Equestrian Center
World Equestrian Center features two premier equestrian and multidisciplinary venues in Ocala, Florida, and Wilmington, Ohio.
These exclusive facilities comprise state-of-the-art arenas, expansive stadiums, versatile outdoor space, sporting fields and well-appointed exposition centers. An abundance of lodging options and luxury accommodations are conveniently located on-site, along with shopping and dining throughout each property.
Dedicated to offering great sport and good fun in a family-friendly environment, World Equestrian Center promises an unparalleled experience for exhibitors, spectators, vendors, sponsors and retailers built on three core values: Quality. Class. Distinction. Learn more at wec.net.