Wilmington, OH – A competitive field of 14 horse-and-rider combinations took to the Sanctuary Arena tonight to contest the first World Equestrian Center $30,000 Grand Prix of the Midwest Indoors series. Jumping a technical course designed by FEI Level III course designer Anderson Lima (BRA), four pairs qualified for the jump-off, and all delivered fault free rounds. But none could best Richard Reinhart and Ron Caraway’s Vincent, who topped the class with a blazing fast jump off time of 38.934 seconds.
Reinhart of Reinhart Farm in Westfield, Indiana, and Vincent (Van Gogh x Nirande) prepared for tonight’s win by earning top placings in 1.35m classes earlier in the week.
Reinhart also snagged the second-place spot in tonight’s $30,000 WEC Grand Prix with a jump off time of 39.047 aboard Light Show. The 14-year-old bay Dutch Warmblood gelding is owned by Diane Masters of Georgetown, Kentucky.
Loic Cannaert and G-Star (Corland x Cri) secured a third-place finish in the class with a jump off time of 41.946. The 11-year-old black Dutch Warmblood gelding is owned by Orpen Horses, Wellington, Florida.
$30,000 World Equestrian Center Grand Prix Results
- Vincent, Richard Rinehart – 0 | 0 | 38.934
- Light Show, Richard Rinehart – 0 | 0 | 39.047
- G-Star, Loic Cannaert – 0 | 0 | 41.946
- Halifax VDM, Nicki Wilcox – 0 | 0 | 42.846
- Diaz Barbotiere, Izzy Beisel – 4 | 74.363
- Kinsella, Charlotte Clark – 4 | 74.861
- Vegas H, Izzy Beisel – 4 | 78.003
- Hannibal V, Nicki Wilcox – 4 | 78.749
- FortySix & 2, Lyriss Jaeger – 4 | 82.955
- Carel Van Donderen, Darby Pease – 8 | 71.465
Kevin McCarthy & Jadina Capture $10,000 Futures Prix Victory
Earlier in the day, Kevin McCarthy piloted Jadina (Canabis Z x Tordina) to top honors in the $10,000 Futures Prix 1.30m. The pair emerged victorious against a field of 17 competitors with a double-clear effort and a jump-off time of 39.560.
Jadina is a new ride for McCarthy. The 8-year-old bay Dutch Warmblood mare is owned by Sweet Oak Farm of Wellington, Florida.
Rebecca MacWilliams and Capiche WW (Coronado WW x Mabonte) grabbed a second-place finish in this afternoon’s class. MacWilliams of Lexington, Kentucky, and the 11-year-old bay Oldenburg gelding also went double-clear, stopping the jump-off timers in just 39.953 seconds.
Rounding out the top three in the class, Costa Quanta 5 (Contendro I x Hauptstutbuch Quiara) and Emily June Bobo negotiated a clear jump-off round with a time of 41.455 seconds. Bobo of Galena, Ohio, owns the 11-year-old bay Oldenburg mare.
$7,500 Futures Prix Results
- Jadina, Kevin McCarthy – 0 | 0 | 39.560
- Capiche WW, Rebecca MacWilliams – 0 | 0 | 39.953
- Costa Quanta 5, Emily June Bobo – 0 | 0 | 41.455
- Iconic, Lani Hutchinson – 0 | 0 41.778
- Azealia, Cooper Beisel – 0 | 0 | 43.281
- Caveman Z, Kimberly Janson – 0 | 0 | 44.098
- K T Miel, Claire Austin – 0 | 4 | 37.847
- HJ Blind Date, Molly Kindness – 4 | 41.579
- Visto’s Bespoke, Michaella Gerlacher – 4 | 41.837
- Matinee BSH, Shawn Butler – 4 | 42.231
Congratulations to all on a great day of equestrian sport. Competition continues at World Equestrian Center – Ohio through tomorrow. Tune in to the action via live stream on clipmyhorsetv.
Photos courtesy of Winslow Photography.