Ocala, FLORIDA – February 16, 2022- World Equestrian Center – Ocala and Hampton Green Farm announce World Equestrian Center – Ocala’s first Iberian Showcase Weekend to be held March 11 -13. Special events have been planned for owners, riders, and enthusiasts of Iberian (Spanish and Portuguese) horses during the National World Equestrian Center – Ocala Dressage I competition presented by Hampton Green Farm.
The Iberian Showcase Weekend will kick off with an evening cocktail reception sponsored by Hampton Green Farm on March 11 for all exhibitors. The evening will also feature special guests and a presentation of training and riding by Hampton Green Farm staff, horses and others.
Throughout the weekend, the show management will host the Iberian Showcase Young Horse Challenge during the following normal USEF classes:
FEI 5 Year Old (Preliminary)
FEI 5 Year Old (Final)
FEI 6 Year Old (Preliminary)
FEI 6 Year Old (Final)
Prix St. George (combination of two scores)
- The Challenge is open to Iberian horses only, documented by breed association papers.
- All classes will take place during the regular open show schedule (see Prizelist) and will be judged by USEF judges.
- Preliminary scores and Final scores for the FEI Young Horse classes will be totaled to determine winners.
- The Prix St. George Challenge will be open to Iberian breed horses 10 years old and younger.
- Winner of the PSG Challenge will be determined by the total of two scores during the weekend.
- First three places in each division to be pinned. Awards ceremony on Sunday afternoon. All horses and riders must be present.
Prize money will be awarded:
- $1,000 Champion 5 Year Old
- $1,000 Champion 6 Year Old
- $1,000 Champion Prix St. George
Mark your calendar and make your plans now for the Iberian Event of the winter season in Ocala, Florida.
About World Equestrian Center
World Equestrian Center features two premier equestrian and multidisciplinary venues in Ocala, Florida, and Wilmington, Ohio.
These exclusive facilities comprise state-of-the-art arenas, expansive stadiums, versatile outdoor space, sporting fields and well-appointed exposition centers. An abundance of lodging options and luxury accommodations are conveniently located on-site, along with shopping and dining throughout each property.
Dedicated to offering great sport and fun in a family-friendly environment, World Equestrian Center promises an unparalleled experience for exhibitors, spectators, vendors, sponsors and retailers built on three core values: Quality. Class. Distinction.
Learn more at: wec.net