Ocala, FL – Featured showjumping competition during Week V of the 2022 Winter Spectacular Show Series opened with Jordan Coyle (IRL) and Elan Farm’s Ballyoskill Big Bucks (Royal Concorde x Lux Clover) claiming the $20,000 C. Jarvis Insurance Welcome Prix victory.
Twenty-three pairs contested FEI Level III course designer, Peter Grant’s (CAN) elaborate track, where eleven entries went fault-free and four jumped double clear. Coyle and Ballyoskill Big Bucks were the first pair to generate a double clear round early in the order. Coyle and the nine-year-old Irish Sport Horse gelding moved masterfully throughout the course in 75.222 seconds with all rails up.
“We purchased Ballyoskill Big Bucks from Killian Dunne in Ireland where he was pretty successful as a young horse. Stella [Manship] rode him for a year, but after she had an injury, I took over and he’s been quite good,” Coyle shared.
Coyle and Ballyoskill Big Bucks advanced straight to the jump-off trying to deliver the first clear round. The pair started off on a strong gallop, walking down the lines easily leaving out strides. “His stride is my one criticism about him. It’s so big, I can’t go fast through the lines, but this course was pretty open. Today was the first day I was a little more aggressive with him and tried to win. He actually ended up jumping even better going faster.”
Colye and Ballyoskill Big Bucks flew through the timers stopping the clock at 40.949 seconds, setting the pace for the rest of the class.
It took eleven more entries in the order to see another double clear round, which came from Lauren Balcomb (AUS) and her own Verdini D’Houtveld Z where they ultimately ended fourth.
Tiffany Hammack (USA) and Foxwood Farm’s Verdi O’Merveilles (Verdi x O’My Star) shortly followed Balcomb, delivering a fast first round in 73.001 seconds, well within the time allowed of 77 seconds. Hammack and the 13-year-old Selle Francais gelding moved right to the jump-off, leaving all jumps up for a quick time of 41.904 seconds.
The last pair to produce a double clear round in today’s $20,000 C. Jarvis Insurance Welcome Prix was Camille Maddrix (USA) and M&M Sporthorses’s Jack Straw (Quatro De Riverland x Jonquille D’Elle). Maddrix and the small but mighty Jack Straw completed a lovely first round jumping each fence with ease in 74.491 seconds. Maddrix and the 12-year-old Selle Francais gelding yielded a smooth round in 44.070 seconds to round out the top three.
$20,000 C. Jarvis Insurance Welcome Prix Results:
1. Ballyoskill Big Bucks, Jordan Coyle, Elan Farm: 0 | 0 | 40.949
2. Verdi O’Merveilles, Tiffany Hammack, Foxwood Farm: 0 | 0 | 41.904
3. Jack Straw, Camille Maddrix, M&M Sporthorses: 0 | 0 | 44.070
4. Verdini D’Houtveld Z, Laruen Balcomb, Lauren Balcomb: 0 | 0 | 44.464
5. Amex Z, Todd Minikus, Bit By Bit Group: 0 | 4 | 39.470
6. Vajra Du Blay, James Brennan, Crooks Show Jumping, LLC: 0 | 4 | 40.399
7. Fancy Girl, Willie Tynan, Michelle Guardino-Dettelbach: 0 | 4 | 40.489
8. Qinghai, Guido Klatte, Guido Klatte International Horse Transport: 0 | 4 | 40.715
9. Blue’s Yer Daddy, Kelley Robinson, Kelley Robinson: 0 | 4 | 43.941
10. Van Halen Z. Guido Klatte, Guido Klatte: 0 | 4 | 45.774